How to Overcome Compliance Hurdles
Running a successful business is hard work, and at the end of the day, the last thing you want to be worrying about is noncompliance. But in many industries, executives have no choice but to devote time and energy to meeting federal, and in some cases, even global regulations.
Fortunately, there are easy ways to overcome common compliance obstacles, and whether you’re dealing with HIPPA, SOX, PCI or anything else, educating yourself about these regulations is the first step. Read on to learn about the top five hurdles you should be on the lookout for as you strive to meet current regulations.
Avoid These Five Common Compliance Pitfalls:
- Dismissing the Internet of Things: The Internet of things has the ability to both positively and negatively impact your business in unanticipated ways. With the advent of emerging technology and highly interconnected devices, nearly every industry is struggling to keep up with evolving regulations and protect transmitted data. Getting educated and working with a vCIO will ensure you’re prepared to handle all things IoT.
- Missing Update Notifications: Even executives “x out” of routine software update alerts, yet we all know how critical these updates and patches can be to the security of our networks and devices. Software alerts are designed to help protect your network from cyberthreats, including data breaches that can result in lapses in compliance. Don’t let something as simple as a missed update throw you off course. Optimize your software settings and train your workforce.
- Ignoring the BYOD Reality: Employees are using their own phones, laptops and tablets to get work done every day—and in many instances, that is actually a good thing for today’s innovative employers. But the rise of a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) culture means that businesses must now take additional measures to secure their networks and protect their data. Managing mobile devices with the help of IT professionals is a sure-fire way to limit your exposure in this part of modern office life.
- Underfunding Your IT Infrastructure: Investing in technology and IT services should be a top priority. Regardless of whether you’re a small retail shop or a large hospital, if you handle information that must be kept confidential, you need to take every precaution you can to make sure it stays that way. To meet government standards for consumer and patient privacy, you must keep up with regulations that are routinely tweaked to address evolving cyberthreats. Conforming to the latest requirements is easier when you’ve got the right IT infrastructure in place.
- Dismissing EDI Threats: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) compliance is simplified when you have access to the right technology. By putting tech to work for you, it is possible to minimize stress, reduce the odds of getting costly fines and protect your good reputation without losing sleep. But it is going to require comprehensive cybersecurity services that can take on contemporary cyberthreats. While the electronic transmission of data presents unique challenges, there are secure IT solutions designed to specifically address your industry-specific concerns.
How We Can Help
Don’t lose precious time worrying about compliance on top of everything else on your to-do list. As your trusted MSP partner, we’ll set you up with everything you need to meet government regulations. Stay focused on growing your brand while we clear compliance roadblocks out of your way. Contact us today, and enjoy peace of mind tomorrow.